Shrimp Scampi

Saturday, March 5, 2011

Last week I left on Thursday to go to Camp Tejas with Sherry, Theresa, Sue and Laurie. We got back on Saturday night at around 9:30 so I got a break from cooking all weekend. We had a FABULOUS time!! Lots of laughs and heard a really good speaker at the retreat. I am so grateful to have friends that are living for Him! God REALLY spoke to me at the retreat, funny how sometimes it is so obvious!

Monday night we had Spicy Honey Chicken, Tuesday I made Shrimp Scampi, Wednesday was Brown Sugar Chicken, Thursday was Spaghetti Casserole and Friday was Hamburgers. Here's the Shrimp Scampi Recipe, all the other recipes are repeats and can be found in previous posts.


Shrimp Scampi

Ingredients


1 (16 oz) package angel hair pasta (I use Barilla Plus)

1/2 cup butter
2 cloves garlic, sliced (I used like 5 cloves)

1 1/2 pounds shrimp, peeled and deveined

1/3 cup white wine

3/4 cup dry bread crumbs (I used Whole Wheat)

3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese

Directions

1.Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add angel hair pasta and return pot to boil. Cook until al dente. Drain well.

2.In a large saucepan, melt butter, saute garlic until tender,add shrimp and cook until colored pink. Stir in white wine. The bread crumbs are used as thickening, so stir in a little at a time until desired thickness is reached.

3.Serve shrimp over angel hair pasta, sprinkled with Parmesan cheese.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

DINNERS AT SIX Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino