School!

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Well I can't believe summer is over and more than that I can't believe Blake is in junior high! He came home yesterday LOVING it.......I am very relieved!! I thought the independence of junior high would be good for him! Hoping the love continues! Emily had a great day also she loved her teacher and has several friends in her class.

Sunday night we had burgers and fries and Monday night I made something that I don't even know what it is called. My sister wrote down the recipe for me over a year ago but didn't put the name on it and she can't remember what it's called either!! Oh well it's good and even my kids loved it!

1 Lb. Lean Stew Meat
4 cups shredded slaw mix
3 Tbs. quick-cooking tapioca
1 envelope onion soup mix
3 cups water
1 12 oz. can of beer

Place meat and slaw mix in crockpot, sprinkle with tapioca and onion soup mix. Pour beer and water over all.
Cook on low 7-8 hours or high 3 1/2 to 4 hours.
I serve it over rice. I also made sauteed okra and tomatoes with it. My kids ate it up!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

DINNERS AT SIX Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino