Cabbage Rolls

Friday, September 10, 2010


My mom used to make these when we were kids and Mike and I were watching Drive Ins, Diners and Dives and they had them on there. So I went looking for a recipe, I found one in that cookbook from my grandma's church and I kinda followed it!! They turned out really good!


Stuffed Cabbage Rolls


1 lb. ground beef

1 lb. ground pork

1 cup rice cooked

1 onion chopped

2 eggs

1 tsp. salt

1/2 tsp. pepper

1 large can tomatoe sauce

1 large head of cabbage


Place 12 large leaves in boiling water and let steam a few minutes to soften. Saute onion in a little butter until softened. Combine meats, cooked rice, salt, pepper, eggs and onion, mix well. Place mound of meat on each cabbage leaf, fold sides over and roll up. Place in pan and cover with tomatoe sauce. Bake covered 2 hours at 375.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

DINNERS AT SIX Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino