The weekend?!?!

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

I really like that I haven't been cooking much on the weekends!!!! Leftovers RULE! I did make steaks for the boys and chicken kabobs for the girls Sunday night but that's easy!!  Monday night we had spaghetti.....I always use Ragu but this time in an effort to save more $$ at the grocery store I bought Hill Country Fare sauce and actually liked it better! No one even knew the difference, score one for me! Tuesday night we had Chicken Tomatillo, spanish rice and ranch style beans. The chicken was REALLY good and flavorful! Another Crockpot recipe! I LOVE my crockpot!!!!! The rice recipe can be found in an earlier post.

Green Tomatillo Chicken

Ingredients


6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts

1 medium yellow onion, sliced

2 cloves garlic, minced

1 teaspoon ground cumin

1 teaspoon dried oregano

1 teaspoon salt

1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper

1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice

1 cup green tomatillo salsa

1 1/2 cups sour cream

Directions

1.Place the chicken breasts in the Crock-Pot® slow cooker.

2.In a small mixing bowl, combine the onion, garlic, cumin, oregano, salt, pepper, lemon juice and salsa. Pour the sauce over the chicken breasts.

3.Cook on Low 6 to 8 hours (or on High for 3 to 4 hours).

4.Remove the chicken from the stoneware and keep warm.

5.Stir the sour cream into the juices in the stoneware and blend well. Pour the sauce over the chicken and serve immediately.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

DINNERS AT SIX Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino